Join the Board of Directors for the Alumni Club of Boston
Applications open May 11, 2020
The Alumni Club of Boston is seeking volunteers to join its board in the role of Young Alumni Chair, focused on engaging young alumni in the area. Candidates should be thoughtful, creative, shown to have been engaged with the University of Chicago community, and strongly committed to strengthening ties among alumni in the Boston area and the University. Anyone interested in volunteering for a board position should complete the board application by Monday, June 15.
Young Alumni Chair Responsibilities:
- Works with the Programming Chair to organize engagement opportunities that attract young/recent alumni.**
- Supports and maintains young alumni engagement with the club.
- Develops programs to engage current students when they are home on academic breaks.
- Works along with the Alumni Association Young Alumni Committee in supporting general Young Alumni initiatives.
** Young alumni are defined as having graduated in the past 10 years.
About the Board:
The Board oversees operations and activities for the Alumni Club of Boston. There are significant benefits to serving on the Board including:
- Alumni Recognition for noteworthy achievements and strong support through the annual Distinguished Alumni Awards.
- Networking opportunities and new connections to alumni and friends during events throughout the year.
- Career Advancement through meeting distinguished alumni who can help guide you on the right path at any point in your career.
- Volunteer opportunities, including interaction with alumni who hail from diverse backgrounds and preserve UChicago's community.
In order to carry out its mission to build a reciprocally beneficial relationship between the University of Chicago and its Alumni; Board volunteers commit to enthusiastically advocate and support its activities and take an active role in the life of the university. While the Board understands that its Volunteers will have varied interests and strengths, members of the Board are expected to meet the standards below:
All alumni of the University of Chicago, including alumni of The College and of any graduate schools and departments.
Alumni must be located in the metropolitan Boston area to be eligible for this position.
Term of Office:
The term of office shall be two years, beginning August 2020.
- Complete Alumni Association volunteer and Board training
- Attend quarterly Board meetings
- Participate in Club and University-related events in the Boston area
The UChicago Boston Alumni Club Board will elect the new board members by majority vote at its summer meeting.
New Club Board members will be announced in late summer 2020.
Please contact us at: Staff Liaison: